Built in Austin, an online community for local tech companies and startups has released their list of top SEO companies in Austin for 2023 – and Blackhawk is on it! We’re incredibly thankful for the opportunity to work with clients all around Austin, the state of Texas, and the U.S. to provide them with expert SEO services ranging from Technical SEO, to Local SEO, On-site SEO, Off-page SEO, and Content Marketing.
Ready to take a peek at the process of working with an SEO company with years of experience in the space? Keep reading to learn more!
An SEO audit is the necessary first step.
A professional SEO company understands that SEO is not a one-size-fits-all process. Needs and strategies can differ greatly across businesses depending on your goals, business lifecycle stage, time in market, previous website work, and other characteristics – and that’s not even beginning to think about the 200 currently identified ranking factors.
So, how do we tailor SEO strategies and services in a way that follows best practices, aligns with your business’ offering and growth goals, and boosts your search engine visibility in a sustainable way? In order to provide the greatest value and achieve winning results with SEO, Blackhawk conducts a full SEO and web audit prior to any monthly servicing.
Our expert SEOs look at optimization through the lens of four buckets: Technical, On-site, Local, and Off-page. The SEO audit analyzes the space you occupy online in a holistic way, allowing us to formulate intentional, concrete strategies that are fully customized to your specific needs. Our SEO tech stack allows us to get an in-depth understanding of previous work done on your site, and the current state of your digital presence.
Let’s review just a few key points that each bucket of SEO focuses on.
During the technical portion of an SEO audit, the goal is to examine your website and uncover functionality, speed, and other performance issues, including:
- Core Web Vitals: a series of metrics that Google considers vital for a user’s experience on a webpage (cumulative layout shift, first contentful paint, total blocking time, and more).
Many consider keywords to be the basis of on-site SEO – the truth is, on-site SEO encompasses a breadth of frontend and backend elements that impact search engine rankings. Though many of these elements are keyword and content-based, there are also UX, sitemap architecture, and interlinking-related components that are analyzed during the on-site portion of an SEO audit:
- Page titles and meta descriptions: every page should include a page title and meta description that follows SEO best practices for character count, keyword inclusion, and accurately communicates the subject matter of the page.
- Sitemap architecture, UX, and user journey: though these three components differ in their exact definition, they all work together to ensure that a user can easily, quickly, and efficiently navigate around your site – after all, conversion is the ultimate goal.
- Keyword research and targeting: an SEO audit sets up our team for success by analyzing your current keyword rankings, including weaknesses and opportunities, as well as recent improvements and declines.
Contrary to popular belief, local SEO extends past your Google Business Profile. Blackhawk’s SEO audit hones in on any localized digital data we can find surrounding your business, including:
- Localized website pages: similar to product or service pages, service area website pages hone in on a specific keyword set for customers looking for a solution “near me”.
- Social media channels: having social media profiles that exist across the web can be a useful tool to let customers know where you’re located. These profiles must also be linked on relevant platforms including GBP and your website.
Citations and listings: your NAP (name, address, phone number) should match up across the Internet on any business listing websites (think BBB, Yelp, Angi, GBP, and other platforms).
Off-page SEO encompasses the position of your website within your space, as well as the relationships your website has with other domains, URLs, and online channels.
- Backlink analytics: our tech stack allows us to run a scan on your existing backlinks, giving us an idea of your backlink profile from three viewpoints – reputation, authority, and naturalness. From there, we are able to make recommendations for improving your backlink profile.
- Domain authority: though domain authority is gained by your unique domain over time, it is possible to optimize how quickly your domain gains authority with proper SEO techniques.
- Off-page opportunity analysis: backlinks are about quality – not quantity. Blackhawk is able to ensure the health of your backlink profile by disavowing spammy links as well as suggesting tactics for gaining high-quality ones, including guest posting opportunities.
Blackhawk’s SEO services leverage a variety of industry-leading tools to gain insight into the technical performance of your website – GTMetrix, PageSpeed Insights, Screaming Frog, Google Search Console, Agency Analytics Site Auditor, and more.
We build completely custom SEO strategies.
Because Blackhawk’s extensive SEO audit process allows us to dive deep into not just your website, but your entire digital presence, we are able to uncover specific issues, insights, opportunities, and weaknesses to base your SEO strategy around.
With so many factors to consider, our SEO services deliver anything but an out-of-the-box solution. A few of the advantages of partnering with Austin’s top SEO company include:
- All four buckets, all the time: consistency is key with successful SEO. Your strategy will account for technical, on-site, local, and off-page elements of SEO, with each being touched in some capacity monthly or quarterly.
- Expert copywriting and subject matter expertise: our team of content marketing experts and certified technical writers is able to craft engaging, keyword-focused web content that provides users and search engines with information to further your position as an industry expert and help customers make a purchase decision.
- A full-service marketing partnership: given that SEO often stretches past standard website and content marketing needs, working with a full-service marketing company like Blackhawk gives you access to social media marketing, web design, web development, and other marketing expertise.
We structure our SEO servicing packages to ensure that you have maximum visibility and awareness of our activities each month, and our amazing Client Management team keeps you informed by swiftly sending over any additional needs, results seen, and work progress updates.