Advertising for your business can be scary. Everyone knows the saying, “You’ve got to spend money to make money,” but no one ever mentions the fact that some advertising options are simply not as effective as others.
If you’re looking for a method of advertising that guarantees a solid ROI (return on investment) for your business, we’ve got the solution for you.
Google Local Services Ads
So, what are they? Google Local Services ads connect your business with potential customers in your area that are directly searching for services you offer.
This type of ad is one of Google’s latest offerings and has only been rolled out in the United States for a few services: locksmiths, plumbers, electricians, HVAC, carpet cleaners, house cleaners, and garage door services.
More services will be able to utilize Google Local Service Ads as they continue to roll out this functionality, including photographers, pet groomers, painters, and more.
How Do Google Local Services Ads Work?
Google Local Services ads appear at the top of the search engine results page and highlight the most important information customers need to know when choosing a business: name, phone number, services offered, location, open hours, and ratings and reviews.
With Google Search Ads, you pay every time someone clicks on one of your ads. With Local Services Ads, you only pay when a click initiates a valuable lead for your business.
Valid leads can be any of the following:
– Receive a text message or phone call from a customer
– Receive a voicemail
– Answer the phone and speak with the customer
– Receive a missed call that you follow up with a text message, phone call, or voicemail
When you receive a lead that you believe to be invalid, you can dispute the charge and the money you paid for that invalid will be credited back to your account.
Examples of invalid leads include the following:
– Requested job isn’t listed in your profile’s service offerings
– Customer’s location isn’t listed in your profile
– The lead was not a customer (Wrong number, sales call, etc.)
– The lead was not a human (Calls from bots and spoofers)
– You were charged twice for the same customer (Google is a great company, but they still occasionally make errors)
– There was no conversation with a customer, and no way to follow up with them (e.g. the phone number was invalid or there was no caller ID)
This process of paying for valid leads only is how you are guaranteed a solid ROI on your advertising investment.
Build Trust With Potential Clients and Existing Customers
Before you can begin running Google Local Services Ads, Google requires that a certain percentage of your workforce receives and passes background checks.
Once this process is complete, they certify your business with The Google Guarantee. Customers will know before they contact you that your business is reputable, high quality, and worthy of their time and patronage.
How Can I Get Started?
Are you interested in running Google Local Services Ads for your business? Contact Blackhawk Digital Marketing today and we can help you on your way to greater ROI and more valuable leads.